Tuesday, February 17, 2009

my new addiction and other various and sundriness

what? is that even a word, sundriness? i always thought the phrase was various and asundry. turns out it is various and sundry.
there you have it, from webster himself. or is it hisself? i hate questioning my grammar. thats why i dont use apostrophes or capitals, or is it capitols? capitals.

i think i'm in trouble. you see, i've been eating sweets like a crazy woman and decided now that my jeans are officially too tight, i should scale down a bit. so i bought hostess 100 calorie cupcakes. a friend of mine says they're only 1 point on weight watchers. i dont know anything about weight watchers, but that must be good. each package of 100 calorie goodness boasts 3 delicious creme filled chocolately miracles. heres the thing, though. rather than taking it as an opportunity to wean myself off the need for a sweet at least once a day, i'm having to stop myself from eating the whole box. 6 packages at 100 calories each?!? i could have the whole thing for lunch! heck, i could have a box for lunch and dinner, and still be able to have dessert later! that is, if i'm going with the 1500 to 2000 calorie a day average for an active 20-something. i've always been that way, though. as far as taking every advantage of "light" or "lo-cal" foods. if i see something with half the fat or calories or whatever i automatically think, "yes! i can eat twice as much!" is that wrong of me? am i the only one that does this?


on another note, i hope my mother forgives me for this story.....
she came over to see the kids today and take colby to the 'big big store' (wal-mart). she picked colby up to give him a hug and he started playing with a skin tag on her neck. we both lost it when he said, "wow grammie, i like your extra nipple." i'm laughing now just thinking about it.
i love that kid.

and finally i leave you with some pictures of my valentines day treats. not all of them, mind you. we did get a little carried away at kohls. here are my fabulous chocolate brown bath towels. this one had already been used so you can see the twist marks from it being wrapped around my hair that morning......
...ok after many failed attempts to upload this image, i'm giving up. its not working.
they're just brown towels. probably not that exciting unless youre me. which youre not.

also, my awesome new pots and pans!!! that was the extra treat allen decided we should get! they were on sale plus theres a rebate plus i had a coupon off our entire purchase, hence us going overboard like i mentioned earlier.

i had another picture here of my new bath and body works 'irressistable apple' body wash and lotion that i bought with a gift card and a little story about that experience, but i accidentally deleted all of it. whats the matter with me today??? i'm so over this post......

4 comments:

sara said...

oh my word, kids are great. I just laughed out loud at that story!!! Good thing you were at home!! :)

Love the new pots and pans!!! Red is my color!

LuAnn said...

Love the 100 calorie packs. Try the popcorn, individual mini bags, really good.

Love your new red pots, they would match my kitchen.

Casey said...

I had that problem with the 100 calorie popcorn packs. I just ate two of them. Oops.

Uncommon Blonde said...

Those hostess cakes look GOOD! I need to get some asap. The 100 calorie Mr. Salty Chocolate Pretzals are delicious too. I always drink a whole glass of water when eating these things and it keeps me from going for more. But my heart still wants ...