Sunday, June 3, 2012

threesixfive, week 22

we spent most of our week at the beach with the 12th graders. the ones that have 80% attendance in bible fellowship for the year are eligible to go. i think we had 17 eligible and we took 9. plus the two couples that teach and my family. it was a fun trip as always.


sunday
this is my 'beach read' for the week. i only got a few chapters in. its pretty intense, so i could only read a few pages at a time, then i had to let it sink in. i won't be done with this one for awhile.




monday
we couldn't get there fast enough. don't my kids looked thrilled?





tuesday
the "big kids" as colby and molly call them, dug a hole large enough for colby to sit indian style in, then they covered him with sand. my camera was still adjusting to the heat from being in my cold room, because i had just run in to get it for a picture, so the shot is a little foggy.



he was filthy once they got him out. sand everywhere. and i mean everywhere.



my sweet molly enjoying the beach.






wednesday
we went on a sunset cruise. colby was trying on everyones accessories on the way.





this photo op was outside the place for the cruise. molly of course picked the well-endowed mermaid. thats probably the closest she'll ever come to it....





thursday
the long trip home.





friday
these are my keys. on my seat. in my locked car. i was literally outside the sprint store where i had just dropped off my broken phone to be fixed, so i had to go back in and call allen on their phone to come rescue me, which he did (thanks, babe!). later that evening, i rear ended a guy at a red light. it was one of those days. ugh.





saturday
allen gave his old hat to colby before we left for the beach monday. colby didn't take it with him, but chose instead to use it as sleepwear saturday night.





VBS kicks off tonight at our church, so thats what our week will be focused on.
my mom is coming down for the day tomorrow so we can celebrate her birthday with her.
after a week of being away, im as always, looking forward to a week of routine.

be blessed!!



2 comments:

sara said...

I wish we were close enough to go to the beach!! looks like you had a great time!

I am so glad you are ok after all your little mishaps!! that's a day to just get to the end of!

The Bug said...

I laughed out loud at your comment about Molly's possible future "endowment" (or lack thereof) - funny :)

Glad you had a good time - & I hope VBS goes well this week!